J E Mechanical offers professional heating and air conditioning contractors, experienced in project management and overseeing all aspects and parties to completion.
We are currently involved in a large project with Ballarat Health Services to remove and replace their existing chillers, including:
- existing air cooled chiller 298kW serving the West wing will be removed and replaced with a new 845kW
- existing air cooled chiller 845kW serving the Bolte wing will be removed and replaced with a new 845kW
- modification to the existing plant pipework to accommodate the new chiller, including the disconnection and removal of existing chilled
water pipework and extension of new chilled water pipework to new header, primary and secondary pumps
- final connection of new chilled water pipework, wiring and controls to the new chiller
- out-of-hours chilled water cut ins
- cranage associated with the removal of redundant chiller, pipework and equipment
- delivering a detailed program prior to the commencement of works.
Stage one demolition works will involve:
- Decommissioning and removing existing Chiller 1, 298kW air cooled chiller and associated fittings and ancillaries including the reclaim of
- Decommissioning and removing existing Chiller 3, 845kW air cooled chiller and associated fittings and ancillaries including the reclaim of
- Decommissioning and removing existing 4-off (CHW P8, P9, P10, P11) primary chilled pumps and associated redundant pipework, fittings and
- Disconnecting and removing existing chilled water pipework as indicated on the drawings.
- Demolition of existing concrete plinth bases following chiller and pump removal.
- Cranage and lifting of redundant equipment.
Stage two proposed works have been suggested as follows:
- Modification and additions to existing pipework including all associated valves, fittings and ancillaries.
- Provision of new concrete plinth bases for new equipment including chillers.
- Installation, commissioning and maintenance of 4-off existing primary chilled water pumps duty stand – by arrangement to be complete
- Supply, testing, delivery, installation, commissioning and maintenance of 2-off secondary chilled water pumps duty stand – by arrangement
to be complete with VSDs.
- Supply and installation of new chilled water piping reticulation including all associated valves, fittings and ancillaries (all chilled water pipework
will be fully welded).
- All new electrical works associated with the installation of the new chiller and pumps.
- Provision of new controls wired back to Henry Bolte BMS cabinet adjacent AHU 11 6th floor plantroom. Controls shall be the current OPTO 22.
- Refilling chilled water systems and chemically treating.
- Patching and making good of building elements after the work of the mechanical services.
JE Mechanical will undertake the role of the head contractor as part of this scope for the following Sub-Contracts:
- crane hire and traffic management